Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sleep....Precious Sleep


I don't know what came over me yesterday but I woke up feeling exhausted. My entire body felt weak and achy. It was just like the onset of the flu. I thought I would feel better after I got up and moved around so I went to work anyway. But it didn't help. And the more I kept playing the loop in my head, "I feel sick. I feel sick.", the worse I felt. So I decided rather than sitting at work feeling miserable, I would take advantage of our sick day policy and go home!

Man am I glad I did.

I didn't do much when I got home except for catch up on my Tivo and sleep on the couch. But after a full day of resting, I still felt awful. My mom suggested that I take some Advil before bed. I was out of it so my boyfriend went up to the deli and came back with some single packs and a couple pieces of Baklava. I ate the Baklava and took two Advil PMs and was ready to call it a night.

Well, the Advil had more of an AM effect. It woke me right up and kicked my body into high gear. The achiness disappeared. I couldn't sleep last night but with the extra sleep I had gotten during the day made me feel fine this morning. So lesson of the day, is when your body wants to sleep...let it sleep. You will be glad you did in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment